Sunday, September 16, 2012

Initial Testings

So far I am still in the infant stage of the process. I filled out the paper for consideration not quite a year ago. A month back I got a call asking what myself and my family thought of the transplant. Did we have someone in particular who we though would be the best candidate? My answer to this was no. I believe we all just filled out the forms hoping one of us would be a match. However, in my mind I seem like the most logical choice. I am young, healthy, don't have any children to take care of, I'm not in school, and my job is aware that I applied for this and they supported me. Her response to this was "Great, because you are our first choice!" 

After that there was a lot of information given to me on that initial call. I don't really know how much sunk in but I understood that the next step was cross matching of our blood types. If I passed this step then I would fly to Florida where the surgery will take place and undergo a full range of medical and psychological tests. Two weeks after that a board would decide yes or no and the surgery would be scheduled. 

Both of our bloods have been mailed off and someone who works with my coordinator told me we might have an answer tomorrow. Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment